At Inside Outside, we work to highlight diverse corporate and startup innovation leaders. We also discuss issues around diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in innovation, including topics of leadership, funding, design, hiring, and tech. Issues of diversity, equity and inclusion are important to us. They will continue to be a top priority when we chose to amplify voices in innovation.
- Your Diversity, Equity And Inclusion Budget Should Include Parents – Forbes
- 7 Ways HR Will Look Different in 2021 – Fast Company
- Research: What Inclusive Companies Have in Common – HBR
- Why Visionaries Always Come from the Minority – BrainPickings
- 2 Women Entrepreneurs Who Invented a Fake Male Cofounder Say Acting Through Him was ‘Like Night and Day’ – Business Insider
- To Increase Diversity, U.S. Tech Companies Need to Follow the Talent – HBR
- Here Are The New 2021 Unicorn Startups Founded By Women – Crunchbase News
Inside Outside Innovation Podcasts
Inside Outside Innovation podcasts cover a wide range of topics related to corporate innovators and startup entrepreneurs. In 2021, 53% of the podcast guests were women. Here are a few podcasts from 2021 that include topics of diversity, equity, inclusion and work-life management.
- Selina Troesch Munster, Principal at Touchdown Ventures on Corporate Venture Capital & DEI
- Alla Weinberg, Author of A Culture of Safety: Building a Work Environment Where People Can Think, Collaborate, and Innovate
- Jennifer Henderson, CEO and Founder of Tilt on Reimagining the HR Leave Process and the Startup Journey
- Adriana Cisneros Basulto, Founder of Maxwell, an Employee Benefit and Work-life Management Platform on the Changing World of Work
- Melissa Vincent, ED of Pipeline Entrepreneurial Fellowship on Helping Midwest Startups Grow & Thrive
Women in Innovation
Each year, Inside Outside releases a Watchlist of Women in Innovation. Here’s our 2021 & 2022 lists.
Inside Outside Innovation Summit
IO has produced innovation summits since 2018. Here are talks from 2020 featuring speakers on diversity and inclusion in innovation.
- Towards a New Resilience: Why Boardrooms Must Be and Should Be Diverse, Now More Than Ever – Rika Nakazawa – Founder of BoardSeatMeet (2020)
- Inclusive Design for a Digital World – Regine Gilbert – Author of Inclusive Design for a Digital World (2020)
Innovation DEI & IO
Know of a corporate or startup innovation leader that has a unique or diverse perspective? Someone that could help others innovate in a more inclusive way? What could Inside Outside create to help you bring more intention and focus to inclusion and diversity issues? How can you help elevate underestimated innovators and founders? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.