Here are 11 innovation articles to read that were published in April, 2023 and were the most popular among our inside outside readership. Sign up today at Inside Outside Innovation newsletter for our complete innovation reading list for innovation leaders.
11 Innovation Articles to Read from April 2023
Excuse Me, Is There a Problem? – A Smart Bear
- This week’s MUST READ article. It covers in detail why many startups fail despite identifying a real problem and building a product that solves that problem – The path from “The Problem” to “Viable Business Model”
The Age of AI Has Begun – Bill Gates
- Bill Gates thoughts on Artificial intelligence becoming as revolutionary as mobile phones and the Internet.podcast
100+ ChatGPT Prompts for Creators – Descript
- Speed up your workflow with more than 100 prompts and advanced workflows for podcast and video production, including scriptwriting, storyboarding, content planning, social networking, email composing.
The 10 Most Innovative in Agriculture in 2023 – Fast Company
- “Agriculture companies—including Niman Ranch, Do Good Chicken, and Gro Intelligence—found innovative ways to feed us while looking after the planet.”
Who Becomes an Entrepreneur? – The Generalist
- Seven research studies reveal the traits and experiences that influence the decision to start a business.
Test First, Build Later: A Guide to Validating Your Ideas With Stimulus & Prototypes – Ben Yoskovitz
- “Building the wrong thing is brutal… Don’t build a product. Instead, invest your time in validating your riskiest assumptions through stimuli & prototypes. These are artifacts you create for the sole purpose of learning something, with no pretense that you’re keeping the stimuli or prototypes alive. Once you’ve learned from them, you throw them away.”
A Framework for Picking the Right Generative AI Project – HBR
- As you start exploring generative Al, it’s important to balance risk and demand. Ask yourself two questions: “How damaging would it be if untruths and inaccuracies were generated and disseminated?” (risk) and “What is the real and sustainable need for this kind of output, beyond the current buzz?” (demand).
The Jobs Most Exposed to ChatGPT – Wall Street Journal
- New study finds that AI tools could more quickly handle at least half of the tasks that auditors, interpreters and writers do now and nearly 20% of the U.S. workforce.
The Pizza Analogy 🍕– Bram Kanstein
- Early adopters don’t care how you deliver the value! So stop brainstorming about building more product and start thinking about how you can find evidence and establish that your idea has a right to exist.
Taking Fear Out of Innovation – McKinsey
- “The risk and ambiguity inherent in innovation can make employees shy away from it. Creating an innovation culture where risk-taking is embraced must start at the top.”
Why Companies Stop Innovating – The Modern Scientist
- Some insights and tips for avoiding creating a culture of stagnation. “Blunt force instruments to get innovation started again don’t work and they make things worse.”
Are you an Innovation Leader? Signup Today
Inside Outside Innovation’s free weekly newsletter helps leaders in innovation understand the collision of tech, markets, mindsets, and networks. SIGN UP