At Inside Outside, we work to highlight diverse corporate and startup innovation leaders. We also discuss issues around diversity and inclusion in leadership, funding, design, hiring, and tech. Issues of diversity and inclusion are important to us. They will continue to be a top priority when we chose to amplify voices in innovation.
Here are a few podcasts, articles, panels and blog posts that we’ve been a part of. Each one focuses on issues of diversity and inclusion in the innovation space.
Inside Outside Innovation Podcasts
Inside Outside Innovation podcasts cover a wide range of topics related to corporate and startup innovation. Here are a few podcasts that include topics of diversity and inclusion.
- Monica Rozenfeld & Lina Bedi – Her Product Lab Co-Founders, on Women in Product and New Product Development Incubator
- Regine Gilbert – Author of Inclusive Design for a Digital World: Designing with Accessibility in Mind on the Accessibility Process and Future Technologies
- Arlan Hamilton – Backstage Capital & Author of It’s About Damn Time – How to Turn Being Underestimated into Your Greatest Advantage [VIDEO: IO LIVE]
- Sonja Gittens Ottley – Asana – Innovation through Diversity and Inclusion
- Jennifer Brown – Author of How to Be an Inclusive Leader
- Nancy Wang – Amazon & Founder of Advancing Women in Product
- Nicole Rufuku – Author of Hiring for the Innovation Economy
- Doug Branson – Author of The Future of Tech is Women – How to Achieve Gender Diversity
Each week we feature innovation articles in The IO Newsletter. Here are a few that focus on on diversity and inclusion.
- The Reskilling Revolution Can Transform the Future of Work for Women – World Economic Forum
- Google Doc of Anti-Racism Resources – Sarafina Nance
- Some Essential Reading and Research on Race and Technology – VentureBeat
- 7 Future Markers of Diversity – UX Collective
- Diversity is an Innovation Strategy: An Interview with Christie Pitts – Scott Lenet
- Why Thought Diversity Makes Us Better – Farnam Street
- LinkedIn is using AI to make recruiting diverse candidates a no-brainer – Business Insider
- How the VC Pitch Process Is Failing Female Entrepreneurs – HBR
- More Women Became VC Partners Than Ever Before In 2019 But 65% of Venture Firms Still Have Zero Female Partners – All Raise
- Women in Venture Report 2019 – Female Funders & Highline Beta
Inside Outside Innovation Summit
For the past four years, IO has produced an innovation summit. Here are talks featuring speakers on diversity and inclusion in innovation.
- Towards a New Resilience: Why Boardrooms Must Be and Should Be Diverse, Now More Than Ever – Rika Nakazawa – Founder of BoardSeatMeet (IO2020 – Purchase video access)
- Inclusive Design for a Digital World – Regine Gilbert – Author of Inclusive Design for a Digital World (IO2020 – Purchase video access)
- New Innovators Panel – Christie Pitts – Backstage Capital (underrepresented founders) / Troy Vosseller – gener8tor (startups in music and arts) / Lauren Robinson – Highline Beta (startups that are corporate-led) (2019)
- Hiring for Innovation: Transforming Job Interviews – Nicole Rufuku, Author of Hiring for the Innovation Economy: Three Steps to Improve Performance and Diversity. (2018)
- The Business of Innovation – Cultivating Diversity in Your Workforce – Neil Soni – The Estee Lauder Companies – Moderator / Dr. Helen Fagan, Diversity Expert / Emir Plicanic, Product and UX Lead, Vosaic / David Brown, Managing Partner, Brown Immigration Law / Chuck Norris – Nelnet (2017)
Women in Innovation
Each year, Inside Outside releases a Watchlist of Women in Innovation.
- 2021 Watchlist: Women in Innovation
- 2020 Watchlist: Women in Innovation
- 2019 Watchlist: Women in Innovation
Innovation Leaders, Inclusion & IO
Know of a corporate or startup innovation leader that has a unique or diverse perspective? Someone that could help others innovate in a more inclusive way? What could Inside Outside create to help you bring more intention and focus to inclusion and diversity issues? How can you help elevate underestimated innovators and founders? Let us know at email@example.com.