Books on Innovation for New Innovators
How do you decide what to read for the best advice? Inside Outside helps new innovators navigate hundreds of new innovation books to find the right advice at the right time. From adaptability to experimentation, and EQ to design thinking, find the books you need for the problems you are solving.
The following 30+ innovation books have been recently published (or are still in the works) by Inside Outside Innovation podcast guests (both past and future), IO2020 – The New Innovators’ Summit speakers, and a few of our favorite bestsellers.
If you like this list, check out our Top 20+ Innovation Books for 2020.
- Eat, Sleep, Innovate: How to Make Creativity an Everyday Habit Inside Your Organization – Scott Anthony
- The Adaptation Advantage: Let Go, Learn Fast, and Thrive in the Future of Work – Chris Shipley
- The Invincible Company: How to Constantly Reinvent Your Organization with Inspiration From the World’s Best Business Models – Alex Osterwalder
- Pirates in the Navy: How Innovators Lead Transformation – Tendayi Viki
- Disruptive Innovation and Digital Transformation: 21st Century New Growth Engines – Marguerite Johnson
- Driving Innovation from Within: A Guide for Internal Entrepreneurs – Kaihan Krippendorff
- Experimentation Works: The Surprising Power of Business Experiments – Stefan Thomke
- Fearless Innovation: Going Beyond the Buzzword to Continuously Drive Growth, Improve the Bottom Line, and Enact Change – Alex Goryachev
- What’s Your Problem: To Solve Your Toughest Problems, Change the Problems You Solve and Innovation As Usual: How to Help Your People Bring Great Ideas to Life – Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg
- The Acorn Method: How Companies Get Growing Again – Henrik Werdelin
- The Uncertainty Mindset: Innovation Insights from the Frontiers of Food – Vaughn Tan
- Invisible Solutions: 25 Lenses that Reframe and Help Solve Difficult Business Problems – Stephen Shapiro
- Innovation Accounting (Upcoming) – Dan Toma
Leadership and Innovation / Decision Making
- Your Digital Reinvention: A Practical Guide for Discovering New Opportunities and Finding Your Place in the Future of Work – Nahia Orduna
- Unlearn: Let Go of Past Success to Achieve Extraordinary Results – Barry O’Reilly
- Start Within: How to Sell Your Idea, Overcome Roadblocks, and Love Your Job – Karen Holst
- Lead From the Future: How to Turn Visionary Thinking Into Breakthrough Growth – Mark W. Johnson
- No One’s Listening and It’s Your Fault: Get Your Message Heard During Organizational Transformations – Pam Marmon
- Forever Employable: How to Stop Looking for Work and Let Your Next Job Find You – Jeff Gothelf
- Hiring Product Managers Using Product EQ to Go Beyond Culture and Skills – Kate Leto
- The Serendipity Mindset: The Art and Science of Creating Good Luck – Christian Busch
- Move Fast, Break Shit, Burnout: The Catalyst Guide to Working Well – Shannon Lucas
- It’s About Damn Time: How to Turn Being Underestimated into Your Greatest Advantage – Arlan Hamilton
Time Rich: Do Your Best Work, Live Your Best Life – Steve Glaveski
Standing Out in 2020: Doing Content Right – Steph Smith
- Inclusive Design for a Digital World: Designing with Accessibility in Mind – Regine Gilbert
- What CEOs Need to Know About Design – Audrey Crane
Check out our new Innovation Books Database with over 100 books for innovation leaders.
We are committed to providing an inclusive community of innovators. Who did we miss? What are some of your favorite innovation publications?
GET MORE RESOURCES
Get the latest episodes of the Inside Outside Innovation podcast, in addition to thought leadership in the form of book reviews, blogs, innovation resources, videos, and invitations to exclusive events. SUBSCRIBE HERE
This post contains affiliate links that may earn Inside Outside a small fee on purchases originating from them. They do not influence editorial decisions to include mention of any products or services in this article or add any cost to the customer.