Meet Our Friends with Capital
Over the years Inside Outside Innovation has had the chance to talk to many in the world of startup investing and venture capital. Here’s a snapshot of the people and firms we’ve connect with, that are providing insights and lessons into venture investing.
- Hyde Park Venture Partners – Allison Weil with Hyde Park Venture Partners on Midwest Venture Capital & Insights for New Founders – Podcast Ep. 236 & Insights from the Early Stages of Innovation: How Investors Look Into the Future Panel / Allison Weil of Hyde Park Ventures – IO2020 NEWLY RELEASED VIDEO
- Rise of the Rest / Revolution – Anna Mason on Changing the Venture Game – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2017 & VC Outside the Valley Panel / Mark Rucci – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2019 VIDEO & Insights from the Early Stages of Innovation: How Investors Look Into the Future Panel / Amira Ouji of Revolution/Rise of the Rest – IO2020 NEWLY RELEASED VIDEO
- M25 – VC Outside the Valley Panel / Victor Gutwein – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2019 VIDEO
- Dundee Venture Capital – VC Outside the Valley Panel / Beth Engel – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2019 VIDEO
- TenOneTen Ventures – Minnie Ingersoll, Partner, on Venture Investing, Google & Launching her own Startup – Podcast Ep. 209
- Backstage Capital – Arlan Hamilton, Founder & Author of It’s About Damn Time: How to Turn Being Underestimated into Your Greatest Advantage – Podcast Ep. 198 & IO Live with Arlan Hamilton – VIDEO – New Innovators Panel / Christie Pitts – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2019 VIDEO
- Touchdown Ventures – Eric Budin on Corporates are from Venus, Start-ups are from Mars – IO2020 – The New Innovators’ Summit – NEWLY RELEASED VIDEO, Scott Lenet on Corporate Venture Capital – Podcast Ep. 165, Selina Troesch Munster on Creating Conditions for Success in Corporate-Startup Partnerships – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2019 VIDEO
- Ikove Capital – Flavio Lobato on Commercializing Technology – Podcast Ep. 172
- Drive Capital – Chris Olsen on Investment Innovation in the Midwest – Podcast Ep. 133
- Kleiner Perkins – Randy Komisar and Author of Straight Talk for Startups – Podcast Ep. 105
- Birchmere Ventures – Sean Ammirati with Birchmere Ventures & Author of The Science of Growth – Podcast Ep. 98 & Sean Ammirati on Maximizing ROI for Corporate Innovation at Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2018 VIDEO
- Results Junkies – Paul Singh, Founder, on Helping Startups at the Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2017 – Podcast Ep. 91 & Paul Singh on The Business of (Tech) Startups – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2017 VIDEO
- Jason Calacanis, Angel Investor and Author of Angel – Podcast Ep. 65
- Samsung NEXT Ventures – Christina Bechold, Samsung NEXT Ventures & Founder of Empire Angels – Podcast Ep. 58
- Hummer Winblad – Ann Winblad, VP, on Success Inside & Outside the Valley – Podcast Ep. 52
- Engage Ventures – Thiago Olson on A new model for corporate venture investment at Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2017
- Flyover Capital – More information
- Firebrand – More information
- First Analysis – More information
- Nebraska Angels – More information
- Invest Nebraska – More information
- Nelnet – More information – At Nelnet, Brian Ardinger, Inside Outside Innovation co-founder, works with a team to invest in early-stage startups and serve as key collaborators in building the startup and innovation ecosystem in the Midwest. They have active investments in over 60 portfolio companies in areas such as education, financial services, banking, and more, and work directly with many of the partners outlined above.
- Assurity – More information – Assurity Ventures Inc. (AVI), is a business arm dedicated to building relationships with insurtech and fintech startups to harness new methods of interacting with prospective customers.
Accelerators / Funds
- gener8tor / NMotion – New Innovators Panel / Troy Vosseller – gener8tor – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2019 VIDEO & Insights from the Early Stages of Innovation: How Investors Look Into the Future Panel / Scott Henderson of NMotion – IO2020 NEWLY RELEASED VIDEO – NMotion, of course, is one of our favorites. because it was founded by Brian Ardinger, Inside Outside Co-founder.
- Highline Beta – Ben Yoskovitz, Founding Partner on Startup + Corporate Collaboration = ??? – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2019 VIDEO & New Innovators Panel / Lauren Robinson – Highline Beta – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2019 VIDEO
- Acceleprise – Olivia O’Sullivan on Investing in Corporate/Startup Collaboration – Podcast Ep. 152 – & The External Partnerships Framework at IO2020 NEWLY RELEASED VIDEO
- Boomtown Accelerators – Erin Stadler, Managing Director, on Evolution of Accelerators, Corporate Partnerships, and COVID’s Impact – Podcast Ep. 225
- GrowthX – Sean Sheppard, Founder, on Adapting in a Changing Environment – Podcast Ep. 203
- GAN – Patrick Riley on Lack of Mission: Why a Lack of Purpose is Killing Startups, Corporations and their Ability to Collaborate – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2017 VIDEO
- SixThirty – Atul Kamra, Managing Partner, on Combining Startups and Corporations – Podcast Ep. 79 & Atul Kamra on Hidden in Plain Sight – Inside Outside Innovation Summit 2017 VIDEO
- Sprint Accelerator – Ari Kern, Community Manager, on Cultivating Community & Innovation – Podcast Ep. 44
- HighTechXL – Eric Broekhuizen with HighTechXL on Accelerating Advanced Hardware Technology – Podcast Ep. 16
- The Startup Collaborative – More information
Many other VCs and Accelerator programs have sponsored, attended, judged pitch competitions, and spoken at Inside Outside events. We are grateful for their involvement and attention. We’re sure we’ve missed a couple on this list. Let us know if you’d like to be a part of Inside Outside’s innovation community at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an Innovator? Sign Up Today
Sign up for Inside Outside Innovation’s free newsletter for leaders in innovation, to understand the collision of tech, markets, mindsets, and networks.